Healthy cooking is in nowadays when people are becoming more and more conscious of what they eat. Of course, eating healthy is one of the important things that you have to remember always if you don't want to suffer later from diseases and other health problems.
Indeed, opting and switching into cooking healthy recipes can be of big help for your health. If you are starting to have that change in your lifestyle into a healthy one, you can actually start from small steps. Here are simple tips that you might find useful in your quest to stay healthy with your food.
- Make sure to get fresh ingredients for your recipes. If you are looking for the healthiest, go for organic vegetables, as this would mean no pesticides or chemicals that can ruin your healthy recipes. If organic vegetables and ingredients are not available in your area, make sure to wash your vegetables thoroughly before using them to get rid of chemical residues.
- Cut down on salt. This can be one of the important tips in cooking healthy meals. You can also increase or add more herbs to your recipe as an alternative to salt and you will be surprised that it does not show any change in flavor.
- Increase vegetables into your diet. Fruits and vegetables are great sources of nature's vitamins, minerals and many other important nutrients needed for the body. Eat in variety as you can never get most of the nutrients you want in just a single vegetable or fruit.
- Avoid fats as possible. Go for more fibrous foods. If you can't totally avoid fats, go for the unsaturated ones. If you need to use oil, use olive oil or canola oil as these are the healthier forms of oils. Check labels of processed foods as well. These are places where saturated fats may be hiding.
- Find alternatives. If you do not want to put meat on your cooking, you can also find alternatives to meat. Among the healthy alternatives to meat are soy protein, or TVP, also known as textured vegetable protein.