Sweet Lemon Chicken Recipe
1 egg white, lightly beaten
2 teaspoons cornflour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon grated ginger
500g (1lb) chicken breast, cut into thin strips
3 tablespoons oil
2 teaspoons corn flour
1 1/2 tablespoons caster sugar
2 tablespoons lemon juice
3/4 cup (185ml/6 fl oz.) chicken stock
2 teaspoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon dry sherry
1. Combine the egg white, the corn flour, the salt and the ginger in a bowl. Add all the chicken and mix it well to coat in the marinade. Leave it in the fridge to marinate for about 30 minutes.
2. Heat the oil in a wok, swirling it gently to coat the side. Drain all the chicken, discarding the marinade, and stir-fry it until becomes well-cooked but not really browned and remove from the wok.
3. To make the lemon the sauce and mix the cornflour with 2 tablespoons of water until it becomes a smooth paste. Add to the wok with all the remaining sauce ingredients. Stir it and boil for about 1 minute or so. Return all the chicken to the wok and stir it to coat with all the sauce. You can serve immediately.
1. Cut all the chicken breast fillets into thin strips on the diagonal - they tend to hold together better.
2. Drain all the chicken from the marinade and stir-fry it until it becomes well cooked but not browned.
3. Mix all the cornflour and some water until it forms a paste and add to the wok with the other sauce ingredients.