Fish is one of the best foods for you, and has even been approved by the American Heart Association as being part of a healthy heart diet. There are more varieties of seafood than any other class of food. Tastes in seafood vary from the strong pungent taste of the English Kipper to the delicate taste of Alaskan crab.
There is something for everyone, and comes with lots of health benefits:
1. Fish is high in protein. Protein is essential for maintaining and building muscle. Protein helps your body repair damaged muscle and aids you in developing muscle. It is good for those involved with bodybuilding, muscle strengthening and lots of aerobic exercise.
2. Fish is low in cholesterol (beignet au chocolat recette). This is good for maintaining your blood pressure and circulation. It is also beneficial to your heart. In fact, the American Heart Association has approved fish one of the best foods for reducing heart problems. They recommend that it be consumed at least twice a week.
3. Fish contains heart-healthy nutrients like Omega
4. Omega-3 fatty acids help to reduce cholesterol.
5. Fish is low in calories. It can help you to maintain a healthy weight.
Fish is also not that expensive compared to other restaurant foods. Seafood like tuna and crab can be used in salads and sandwiches. Gone are the days when salmon was one of the few choices for seafood lovers. Now when you walk into a seafood restaurant, your choices are endless. Of course, the wonderful taste of smoked salmon is still quite hard to beat!